When I started photographing weddings 17 years ago, I quickly learned what a difference a make-up artist/hairstylist can make. A good make-up artist/hair stylist can change the whole look of a shoot, give the person being photographed confidence, and of course make that person look amazing.I have been fortunate to work with some amazingly talented hair and make-up people over the years. One of my favorites is Maria Chang of Professional Make-up Artistry (PMA).
What makes her so amazing:
- I can hand her a couple of images ripped out of a magazine or pinned to Pinterest and she will translate the ideas into what works best for the person being photographed.
- She can look pull together a look (hair, make-up, clothing, and accessories) with ease.
- She loves photography and knows how to achieve a certain “look” through make-up, hair, and styling.
- She makes everyone feel comfortable. And….if you’re really fortunate, she’ll make you one of her famous lattes!
- She makes everyone look fabulous.
- She really loves what she does and it shows.
If you are interested in booking Maria for event, do it early. She is in high demand and is flown around the globe by her clients. I personally am very grateful she is based out of the San Francisco Bay Area. It is wonderful to have such an amazing talent nearby!
To see Maria’s portfolio, check out her website.
Above you will find images from some of the shoots we have worked on together.0