Recently, I read that a blog should be like your own personal reality show. Seeing as I have never liked reality TV (except the first couple seasons of Project Runway on Bravo), I didn’t like this idea much. But I have come to realize that a business blog can’t only be about business.In 2012 I will be working on updating this blog regularly and adding some (ok, quite a bit more) more personal information. So…I thought I’d start out with five things you may not know about me.
- I LOVE to read. Give me a good book and I am happy for hours. Lately mysteries have been at the top of my reading list. Authors like Tess Gerritsen, Anne Perry, Elizabeth George, Deborah Crombie, and Faye Kellerman are my current favorites. And, like many other people, I have read Jane Austen’s Pride and Prejudice many, many times. I wish I was as clever as Elizabeth Bennet! I love getting book recommendations from people, so please let me know if you’ve run across a great book.
- My form of stress relief – Tackling a new recipe. Cooking and baking makes me focus on the job at hand and forget whatever is making me want to pull my hair out. As a plus, you get to eat something (hopefully) yummy at the end. The clean-up is a whole different story though…
- I am addicted to Pinterest. I used to say that I was addicted to magazines (which I still love) but with Pinterest I can easily collect all the things that inspire me in one place. I used to pull everything out of magazines and put them into giant binders. Pinterest makes it easy to categorize images and find images. Way too many times I paged through all six of my four-inch thick binders without finding the image I wanted! To see my addiction in action and what inspires me, click here.
- I love to travel. What else can I say? It doesn’t matter if it is somewhere in California or the other side of the world, I want to go! I love seeing and experiencing new things. And, of course, photographing them!
- I have a hyper ten year old dog named Shadow (who also answers to Goober). Yes, I said ten and hyper. He is a lab/husky mix with one blue and one blue brown eye. When it’s time for a treat (or if he just feels like it) he runs around the house leaping in the air and performing all kinds of acrobatics. A few years back my sister-in-law started calling him “pretty puppy” in a high pitched voice. I think his manhood was insulted because he started bouncing off every piece of furniture in the living room. As a side point, she only did this right as she was walking out the door – The dog equivalent of feeding a kid sugar and then giving him back to his parents.
Like I mentioned before, my 2012 goal is to update this blog on a regular basis and give you some insight into who I am (aside from a photographer). Please let me know if you have any questions for me. Until my next post…0